Armenian Engineers and Scientists of America, Inc
|ELEVENTH ANNUAL SCIENCE OLYMPIAD
MARCH 18, 2012
7500 Glenoaks Boulevard, Burbank, CA 91510
CONTEST REQUIREMENTS AND INSTRUCTIONS
Application fee of $25 per Applicant
The AESA Science Olympiad is open to all Armenian heritage students throughout the United States.
The candidate will compete either in Life or Physical sciences in his/her age category (high school or middle school). Each student must submit his/her 3x4 ft. - 4x6.5 ft. science project board with notebooks and log books to his/her science teacher. Special arrangement will be made with each school by AESA Science Olympiad Committee members to pick up the projects from each school. For individual submissions send email to email@example.com to arrange drop off time to AESA office at 417 W. Arden Ave. #112C, Glendale, CA 91203. The participants must bring all other demonstration material with them to the interview. The participants will be interviewed and judged by AESA judges on Sunday March 18, 2012 at 12:00 noon.
The following are the rules for the 2012 Science Olympiad:
• Candidates need to present an experiment-based project in life or physical sciences.
• Engineering project will be judged under physical sciences.
• Each student can submit only one project and in only one category.
• No live organisms, cultures, explosives, radioactive or hazardous chemicals may be sent with the display board or brought for the interview.
• All experiments need to be conducted in a safe manner.
• AESA assumes no liability for any unsafe experiments and loss or damage of any of the project material.
• AESA follows LA County Science Fair requirements.
• If the project does not meet certain required scientific criteria/levels, the project may not qualify for an award.
• Applicants are responsible to pick up their project materials on Sunday March 18, 2012 after the award ceremony.
• Application fee is nonrefundable.
• Two or three students per group project are acceptable. Each student in the group needs to fill out separate registration form. One registration fee will be submitted for the group project. One monetary award will be awarded for the project.
Armenian Engineers and Scientists of America, Inc.
ELEVENTH ANNUAL SCIENCE OLYMPIAD - 2012
NOTE: Please complete and mail this application to the AESA office at 417 W. Arden Ave. #112C, Glendale, CA 91203.
Application Fee: $25.00 per Applicant
(Payments by checks or cashier checks only please)
Please print or type:
Name of Applicant (last name, first name) Phone Date of Birth
Address (Number, Street, City, State, Zip) E-mail
Categories 0 Physical Sciences
0 Life Sciences
Name of School Grade Name of Coaching Teacher / Mentor
Note: The application can be submitted from February 14 to March 9, 2012
1. If special instructions or accessories like power outlet, extra space are needed to assemble the project board, please include detailed explanation in the designated area below.
2. How did you find out about the Science Olympiad?
0 Teacher 0 Newspaper 0Flyer 0Friend 0E-mail 0Internet 0Other
IMPORTANT: Report for an interview on March 18, 2012 at 12:00 noon at The New Woodys. Woodbury Map is on Page 3. (Please note The New Woodys is shown as number 5)
I have completed the above application. I understand that the panel of judges reserves the right to reject entries and to withhold prizes, and that the judges’ decisions are final.
Signature of Applicant Date
Signature of Parent or Guardian Date
Report for an interview on March 18, 2012 at 12:00 noon
Directions to the Woodbury Campus
Coming from the North on the Golden State Freeway (5):
Exit Hollywood Way north to Glenoaks and turn right.
Coming from the South on the Golden State Freeway (5):
Exit Buena Vista Street north to Glenoaks and turn left.
Free parking on lots P3 and P
Vahe . V.